Finally?

Wow. One month and twenty days since my last blog...
No wonder people thought I gave up on this thing.

Well what is there that I havn't written about?
1. Mexico.
2. Prom.
3. Boston.
4. Chelle and Joel's graduation.


First, let's talk about Mexico.
Yes, I did go on the Mexico Missions Trip. If only I had written this sooner I'd probably be a lot more willing to talk about it. It is just that it has been so long and other things have happened that I don't remember everything anymore. But I'll take you all on a schedule.

Day One: Wednesday, April 16
Arrive at church at 3:30, Arrive in Manchester somewhere around 5. Fly out of Manchester at 7, have your ears feel like they are going to explode during the landing at Baltimore. Stay on the plane and fly to California by Noon their time. Eat at "The Wrangler", which makes you feel like you're back in New Hampshire. Be utterly and completely amazed by the scenery of California and then of Mexico. Fly right through the border and on to San Felipe. Have our first meal there and go to sleep.

Day Two: Thursday, April 17
Orientation in the morning, Visit the orphanage site and the men's rehabilitation center, then the beach and shopping in the afternoon. An easy day.

Day Three: Friday, April 18
Work around the compound in teams, get stuff done that they need help with. Spanish speaking church that night, one of the awesomest worship experiences I have ever had. I don't even care that awesomest isn't a word.

Day Four: Saturday, April 19
First day at the orphanage, sweat your butts off. Move MILLIONS of cement blocks. (I'm exaggerating.) Cut some wire for ReBar. Play with Sofia America and Manuel and Danni. Head out for VBS, only to only be able to have a prayer walk. Head home to the compound.

Day Five: Sunday, April 20
English speaking church in the morning, then more shopping and beach in the afternoon. Head out for another day of VBS. The kids were adorable and totally willing.

Day Six: Monday, April 21
Another day at the orphanage. More ReBar cutting, more playing with the kids, more sweating. Heading back for showers then out for VBS for one last night. Special movie night for the adults, then back to sleep.

Day Seven: Tuesday, April 22
Last day at the orphanage and in Mexico. Lots of sadness. More cutting of ReBar, more playing with and helping the kids. Heading back for showers then leaving for California. Arrive across the border and say goodbye to John and Bonnie, big hugs. Then head to San Diego where we spend some time at the Pacific and eat dinner, then back to the church to sleep.

Day Eight: Wednesday, April 23
Early rise again, all day flying. Depart from SanDiego and layover in Chicago. No time for lunch, wait till you get home. Manchester around fourthirty, Home around seventhirty. SLEEP.


So that was Mexico.






How 'bout Boston? I mostly only am going to talk about it so I can post pictures. :) I actually went to Boston twice in two weeks on two separate fieldtrips that were exactly the same, only with different classes. We went to the Fine Arts Museum and then to Quincy Market Place.



Michelle and Joel commenced (or what I like to call "graduated") on May 10. We went down to see the ceremony and Michelle gave a testimony and Joel spoke about the Holy Lands. They will be going back next year for a second year, but this time they'll be married. :)



PROM!!!!!!! The most recent and therefore easiest to write about. It was so much fun. I got to get all dressed up in a pretty dress and pretty shoes and makeup, and go with all my friends to a dance. It was actually quite the experience.

I know that Prom is usually a memorable experience, but I have to say mine was a little more than some. In the building that we were holding the prom in, there were two levels. Well, two and a half. All the students were on the second level getting ready for the grand march. We were going to walk down the stairs and then up the stairs on the other side. However, before we could start we had to get in order. So we all were crammed into one corner trying to hear Ms. Prause call our names. All of a sudden... POP! BANG! POP! Cindy said it sounded like a gun shot, and everyone started running. Well don't worry, it wasn't a gun. But it was the balcony breaking. My foot went down at least a foot. And suddenly everyone was screaming and people were yelling to "Move! Move that way!" Well, those people weren't helping anything. We already knew we had to move, and they were just freaking us out and causing panic. I did not feel like being trampled to death on my prom night.

But no one got hurt and we held the grand march outside. They roped off that corner of the balcony and we had fun dancing and hanging out for the rest of the night. Everyone had a fabulous time. But I got sick the next day. :(

I'll post a seperate post with pictures later, I'm going to go take a nap, I'm still not quite up to par.

Comments

Diana said…
CBC Prom...you know you want to do it.

Popular Posts