Fourth of July Joy

Happy Fourth of July, everyone! Every year people are shocked to find out that the Fourth is my favorite holiday. I really don't understand why it isn't more people's favorite! Everyone gathers together and has parades, fireworks and picnics. How many other holidays get whole towns to come out at the same time just to enjoy some blasts of light in the sky? I love Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and all the other traditional favorites, don't get me wrong. They are wonderful and I love the family time that they supply as well as appreciate their purpose. I think I tend to enjoy the Fourth because it really is everyone coming out and being together. It isn't just the people you know, or your family, but whole towns. It's just a very happy and festive atmosphere.

Now if you know me, you know that I do not particularly enjoy large crowds of people. So maybe this, too, factors into the surprise. Why would I like a holiday where I have to be in big crowds? Here is the best answer I can think of: I do not like having to be social in big crowds. But I love when people are happy. On the Fourth, there are SO many happy people everywhere! And I don't really have to talk to any of them! I can go out with a few friends, relax, and watch all the happy people having fun. And that gives me joy. I love when people are happy and when I can see them being happy.

Speaking about parades, Menomonie doesn't have one!!! Do you know how disappointed I was to find that out!? Very much so. So I have spent the day watching Hulu and cleaning. Now it's laundry time. Hopefully I'll get to go see the fireworks tonight still...

Comments

Popular Posts