Birthday!

Today was an absolutely wonderful day. I was surprised with a decorated desk, lots of presents, and a paid for ticket to see Seth Meyers live at UConn. I had lots of Facebook greetings and a few texts thrown in to wish me a happy birthday. All in all, I smiled all day and felt loved. It is nice that even though I have moved to a new place I have both old and new friends that make the effort to make me feel special. I am so blessed. Here's a picture courtesy of Emma showing the desk, chalkboard and me being super excited about my surprise!

My computer has to function as my smartphone, since I don't have one, so here is a webcam picture I took while holding the laptop precariously in the air, aiming it at the desk behind me while still trying to look cute. :) You can see my birthday card, new HUGE iced coffee cup, and chocolate covered espresso beans in the background. Also there are jars of the candy Mom and Dad gave me. :)

Look! Laura even baked me a cake and cupcakes! With frosting in my favorite color! They were DELICIOUS! There were more cupcakes than that, but we ate them. :)

So thank you everyone who was a part of my desk surprise! Thank you to the whole office for my card! Thank you Bobby for the chocolate covered espresso beans and the cup (and the coffee and soup :) )! Thank you Phan for the Egg Nog! Can't wait to drink some. Thank you Emma for the ticket to Seth Meyers! Thank you Laura for baking me cake! Thank you Angelle for the video. It means a lot to me. And thank you to everyone else who wished me a happy birthday in person, over Facebook, or through text. I am so grateful for everything.

Comments

Popular Posts