A Christmas to Remember (Doubles as Day 13 – This week, in great detail)

I may be stealing the title for this blog post from a past One Voice concert... am I? It sounds familiar...

Anyways, I thought I would post some highlights and photos from my Christmas time spent at home! It was a wonderful break even though I was only able to be home for a week. I went home on the Saturday night before Christmas, wanting to attend at least one service at Calvary Bible. It was great to see everyone there; I miss my home church family very much. After church I was excited to be able to attend the very last performance of One Voice. I miss that family as well! One Voice was a part of my life for many years. I loved all the singing and dancing and practicing. I grew up doing performances with that wonderful group and I have missed being a part of something that special since leaving for college. The show was good again this year, and I loved being able to see it.

On Monday I drove back to Connecticut with Michelle and the two boys. Noah seemed to enjoy getting to see Auntie Lissa's home and school. We did some Christmas shopping on the way back; it was a long but fun day. Christmas eve I of course still had to do Christmas shopping - I am the Queen of Procrastination (this blog post may or may not be a form of procrastination in and of itself: write a blog or study Algebra? I think blog). But after shopping I got to see my cousins Tiff and Jen along with Maddison and Emmitt, who I haven't seen in forever.

Christmas Eve was again spent at Crossroads with a beautiful and simple Christmas Eve service, after which we headed home where I finally made my sister's present (again, procrastination always gets me).

Now we get to the part of the story in which I can actually include pictures! Christmas morning! Most of my pictures are stolen from my Mom or Michelle, but they don't mind (right?). We celebrated Christmas morning with Mom, Dad, Joel, Michelle, the boys and me. We started with the stockings, then deviated from tradition and went straight to presents. As far as I could tell everyone loved their presents and stocking stuffers.
The wonderfully huge stocking I've had since I was little. (Photo Credit: Mom) 

My adorable nephew Noah, complete with the sweater I bought him.

Isaac in the outfit I bought for him. The little cutie.

Coloring the sheep. He told me I wasn't allowed to take pictures...

Relaxing with a cutie. (Photo Credit: Michelle)

Then we had a big breakfast and relaxed. Michelle and Joel and the kids headed out to see Joel's family and I took a nap. Ahhh... Then it was time for Christmas dinner. Ham and mashed potatoes and squash and homemade bread. Am I missing anything, Mom? It was delicious. Alan came later on and we continued the presents, then it was time to relax some more by watching A Christmas Carol before bed.

Thursday was more visiting, and I got to watch the Lawrence Welk DVD my parents got me for Christmas (I'm kind of an old lady stuck in a 23 year old body - I also made sure to watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy), and then watch Miracle on 34th Street that night. I love Christmas movies.
My nephews. :) (Photo Credit: Michelle)

Snuggling and watching a show. (Photo Credit: Michelle)

Making the trip up to Grammie and Grampa's. It was icy! The kids liked the sled ride. (Photo Credit: Michelle)

Finally came Friday and a great get together with some of the girls from high school. And that was that. I headed back to Connecticut on Saturday night and the break was over.

All in all, it was a wonderful week and I loved getting to spend time with family and friends. I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the winter. There is no snow here in Connecticut and it makes me sad. But soon enough I'm sure, soon enough.

Comments

Popular Posts