Maybe I'll try again...





So I've been told to update this a few times over now... So I suppose I will...

I'm not going to go into detail trying to catch you all up. That would take me forever.
But Michelle did get married. She and Joel had a beautiful wedding. Absolutely gorgeous. We havn't gotten the photos from the photographer yet, and I'm not allowed to see them until she does anyways... But it was gorgeous.

We had family camp last weekend. SO MUCH FUN.
You all may think that I was being a loner for much of the time, but I really didn't mean to. I was there to relax, and I like to just sit and relax, play solitaire, while still in the company of others but not always talking. I don't always want to be talking... So that's what I did. I did play kickball though! And that was fun, although I was HORRIBLE. And playing barefoot...

The church service was amazing. Heath was preaching (I'm sorry, but I can't wrap my head around calling him Pastor Heath, or Pastor Keniston, and he told me that was ok). His message really struck a chord with a lot of people, including me. It was about the difference between being saved and being a disciple. I'm too comfortable in this world, and I shouldn't be. I should be willing to give it all away, for Him. And that's tough, because the relationships that I have built on this earth are so important to me. But I need to remember not to put them in front of the importance of what God would have me do. Because then I would be making them into idols. Thats not exactly what Heath was talking about, but thats what God spoke into my heart that day. Then today at communion I remembered a line to a song... "This world is not my own, it has nothing for me..." And I couldn't remember what it was from. I still can't figure it out, maybe it isn't even a song. But that should be my way of thinking. This world isn't my home. My home is with God. Then during the worship at the end of the service(back to family camp), they said that the alter was open. I hesitated. For quite some time. But I knew that I needed to go forward. God was telling me to. I needed to lay it down. So I did. Kirsten came beside me and asked if I wanted to pray about something or just sing. We just sang. And I'm still struggling, but I'm also praying. You can pray for me too, if you'd like...
After that service, the rest of the weekend was amazing. The fellowship with so many different people, different backgrounds, different ages, it was amazing. Simply amazing.


Then I came back home and started my Senior year. It's hard. I started the year with five classes, and ended up dropping two, and gaining one. I'm down to four classes, and still it is hard. Homework every day. Slack off senior year didn't happen for me...
But aside from that... I have an amazing couple who have allowed me access to their apartment and their lives anytime that I need it. Aaron and Lacy are amazing. I needed someone to care and then they came. God is good with that. Just when I need someone, He sends them. And they are always so much better than anything I could have asked for. And Aaron and Lacy are no exception.

So... That's my life right now. Not everything, but it's a little update. I'm really going to try and update more often. REALLY. I will try.

I'm stealing an idea from my mom.
Today I'm thankful for... My family. They are always there for me. I'm not always home to be with them, but they are always looking forward to seeing me when I do get home. They love me, and God couldn't have put me with a better family than the one I'm with.

Comments

Popular Posts