Day 03 – My parents, in great detail

Starting with my Mom:
Mom is wonderful. She is sweet and caring and so funny. Her favorite thing to say is that she's a "ten year old" trapped in a (not revealing age) body. She sends me care packages and presents at school quite often, and when she does there is almost always something included for my friends. She is definitely the sweet mothering and nurturing type that everyone pictures when you think of a mom. She was a stay at home mom throughout my entire childhood, and I am thankful for that everyday. She also was my softball coach all through elementary school, and I can always count on her to know the balance between an involved mother and an intruding mother. Honestly, I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for her. I have her sense of humor, and her beautiful face. :D

My Dad:
Dad is quiet and calm. Sometimes he can be grumpy, but really he's a softy with a tough exterior. I could always count on Dad to sit with me when I was sick, or to let me in to sleep when I had nightmares. He is a great man, and I hope one day to meet a man like him to marry. He's really quite silly as well, and I still have to watch out for his tickling and jokes. He loves to embarrass me in front of the family, but that just makes me feel special, really. Daddy works hard to support our family, and I am so grateful for the life he provided for me.



More than anything though, I am thankful that my parents were and still are such a good example of a Christian marriage and of living Christian lives. They are still married, still very much in love, and still supportive of each other. Their lives are such role models for me, and I am thankful that they strive to show Christ in their everyday lives.


Comments

Popular Posts