Random life of mine...

So in mechanics a couple weeks ago we learned about Tycho Brahe. I'll let the following entry tell you about him, and why I bring him up. It's amusing.

"I need to use the restroom... I think I’m going to dieeeee.

Like Tycho Brahe, the famous astronomer, He was at a party and couldn’t get up to use the restroom because it would be impolite. So he got a bladder infection and died a few days later.

Here I go. Three days and I’m gone."

This was written by me in Christian Theology. Every time that I need to use the restroom but cannot leave the room, this is what I think of now. I even went so far as to create a bucket list of things I'd like to do before I die.

P.S. This was meant purely as an amusing tidbit; I am not actually going to die (I don't think, anyway).

Ok: Now I would like some responses from you! In Christian Theology we have discussed the will of God and our purpose in life. How do you feel about free will and predestination? What about your purpose in life? Do you believe that there is one path for you or that God works through the choices you make or that God has already planned out what you will choose? Does this create any confusions or issues about how you view humans and God? I just think it's an interesting thing to think about, so if you have thoughts, please share! :) I'd like to know, either by comment or email or Facebook message. If you don't want to share, I'm fine with that, too. I'm just wondering.

On a final note, the Physics club had a Halloween party! Most fun time ever! A group of other Physics girls and myself dressed up as the third, fourth, fifth and sixth derivatives of position, aka Jerk, Snap, Crackle and Pop. Morgan dressed up as Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus to teach the "class" the lesson of the day. Here are some fun photos from the night!


Everyone looking on in awe as our "Nerdy Pumpkin Contest" pumpkins were unveiled.
In the foreground is the freshman's pumpkin slide rule. Very nerdy, if I do say so myself.
This is the Junior classes interpretation of Tycho Brahe. From the back it looks like a sun with the planet's orbiting around it.
This is the Senior's attempt to blow up Mastering physics, our online homework site for Intro. Physics. There's a hydrogen bomb, a laser beam, fire, swords...
The winning pumpkin, the Sophomore's 41% exam which still earned an A+. Quite reasonable in physics, actually.

Alegra and I, post-costume.
Karen and I. She's post costume, I'm still a derivative.
Brian loves the candy...
Ms. Frizzle and the derivatives!
Even the Doctors Who came to visit us. (Don't miss the creepy Darrell sitting in the background...)


Comments

Popular Posts