Spring already?

It has been a beautiful week. Temperatures in the 70's and 80's almost every day so Gordon students emerged from their hiding places to experience the sun in hopes of darkening their pale complexions. I, too, emerged from the lab to read and do homework outside, but don't worry, Mom, I didn't try to tan. We all know that would just end in an extremely sore Melissa who would match the color of Morgan's backpack. Instead, Sally and I found a nice little spot that has both sun and shade. There, we were able to alternate between the warmth of the sun and shelter from its ultraviolet rays.

I also was able to go to the beach twice this week. How often does this occur in a physics major's life? Let's just say about as often as the Earth revolves around the Sun. But maybe this year I'll change that. Wednesday I went with Angelle, who I hadn't seen in what felt like years. We sat in the sand and chatted away the time. Thursday I went with Sally, Nathan, Ruben and Ethan. We met up with Morgan and Alegra who were already there. We were probably the nerdiest bunch on the beach. I got to attempt volleyball and frisbee, and found out that Ethan is my best friend (one of a few, don't worry everyone). Watch out for awkward snails if you know what's good for you, though. They seem to come around a lot when Ethan is with you...

This morning when I got out of bed... well afternoon actually, I took a walk around the pond. It was beautiful, a bit chillier than the past week, but lovely nonetheless. I stopped at Gull Pond to have some quiet time and enjoy the view. I had to put up with some noisy crows that apparently didn't know the meaning of quiet. The sun came out from behind a cloud while I was sitting next to the pond and it was so beautiful. I think I should walk out there more often.

This is why spring is my favorite season.

Comments

Popular Posts