Life just keeps on moving...

So I am officially registered for the Math Subject GRE. For those of you unfamiliar with what this it is, it is basically like the subject SATs, except super hard because it is for getting into graduate school. I have been doing prep. for this since my REU, and now one of my professors is also leading a prep. session for the two of us who will be taking it. I'm nervous and really want to do well on it, but as my advisors at the REU told me, I am taking an exam that only math majors, both undergraduate and some graduate level, take. So a high percentile ranking is going to be a lot harder to get on this exam than on standardized testing in general.

This semester is shaping up to be busy but good. I am taking only two regular 4-credit classes - Algebraic Structures and Introduction to Programming. I am also taking two seminar classes - Physics Senior Seminar and Math Senior Seminar. I will then be doing two research projects, one in physics and one in math. I would very much like to get honors in Math, but that requires a research project and a thesis, as does honors in Physics. We'll see what the following year brings.

On Saturday I got to go rock climbing! I started going weekly with Sally, Nathan and Ruben right before summer started, so I haven't been since May. It was so much fun and I can't wait to keep going. I have definitely lost a bit of what little ability I had gained before the summer, but I feel like I can get it back. I love the sense of accomplishment of making it to the top of the wall! Especially when it's a hard one. Now my forearms are super sore and holding tightly onto something is a little difficult. I don't mind feeling sore though, it just means that I worked hard.

We also went to the Cheesecake factory after rock climbing. I love spending time with those three, they're fantastic. We laugh a lot together, and I love to laugh.

Yesterday was a long research day. I did make sure I got to Faith Evangelical for my church service in the morning, and it was wonderful to see people there. Then from noon to 3pm I worked on homework and from 3 to midnight I worked on my physics research. I am not a top programmer (yet!), so I struggled a bit with my program. I think I am getting much better though, and my program might be getting somewhere!

My life at the moment...


Overall, I am really looking forward to this semester. We have a Physics dinner tonight, and I'm super excited about having everyone back together. I love the community that we have built, and I can't wait to welcome in the new group of Freshmen. It'll be a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts