My Fake Birthday

Friday nights are not always busy for me. This week, however, there was a ball at the college. It was an inaugural ball that had ball room dancing lessons. Students dressed up and everyone looked beautiful.

I didn't go.

:) Instead, six of us decided to have an "anti-ball" as Morgan put it (we weren't against the ball, we just didn't go). So off to the Cheesecake Factory we went. There was a 35-40 minute wait so we walked through the mall and let Nathan, Sally and Ruben get their free Godiva chocolate of the month. They let me go down an escalator (I was so excited!) but the up escalator was off so we had to walk up it. :(

By the time we got back to Cheesecake there was only ten minutes to wait, so we just stood around chatting. Apparently I wasn't very bright because when trying to talk about how there were six of us I held up seven fingers instead. FINALLY they called our number and we got to sit. I got the Kahlua Cocoa Coffee cheesecake (don't worry, its not actually alcoholic) and an iced mocha. Mmmmmm. So yum!

We had a great evening of conversation and there was laughter all around. Halfway through, though, a swarm of waiters came and surrounded our table. They were holding a bowl of ice cream with a candle aflame on top. I almost sent them away, but Alegra started singing right away so I decided to see what would happen. Lo and behold, the ice cream was set down in front of ME and all the waiters even knew my name! Oh my goodness! I was laughing so hard after! I was so surprised! "Who told them to do that!?" was all I could say through my hysteria. It was Alegra! So sweet, she said she couldn't resist because I wouldn't be around for my birthday because it was over quad break. Let's just say I was extremely happy and embarrassed at the same time. I had never been sung to at a restaurant before.

After we finished, I had to figure out the check and how much everyone owed. Morgan told me I should just be a professional "person who figures out checks" (my wording). I would get to go out to eat with people and then just figure out how much they owe. We headed back to Gordon and went straight to Chase hall, as Sally wanted to watch Ocean's Eleven in Nathan's room. But we had a crowd watching it! All six of us cheesecakers and then four of Nathan's friends decided to head to the lounge to watch. We rearranged the sofas and I sat on the floor. It was a really good movie.

After the movie was over, I decided to climb up on the table and be tall. I was taller than Ruben! We all laughed and talked for a while. They like to make fun of me because my memory is so bad. I told them once that my prom night was "a blur" meaning my long term memory was so bad I couldn't really remember it. They decided to be pains and make fun of me saying "Well where we're from it's not called bad memory, that's called something else..." or something of that nature, and they make fun of me for it all the time. I think you can understand the joke. It's actually really funny when they make fun of me so I don't mind at all. I really do have an awful memory, and I only remember some of my birthdays because I blogged about them and have reread them through the years. That's why I'm blogging about this "birthday". I don't want to forget it and all the fun. Too bad I don't have pictures. :(

So we all went to bed happy. :D

Comments

Popular Posts