The physics mother...


I'm baking cookies! At the end of last year I came to the realization that by the end of college I was going to turn into the physics department mother. I am constantly making sure people finish their homework, study for exams, and nagging them to stop breaking rules. I also have a love for baking chocolate chip cookies. So I decided to bake the math methods class cookies before their first exam. I'm their TA, and I figured they might need them. Especially since their exam is tomorrow, when everyone else has the day of classes off because of the new president's inauguration. I don't mind being a mother. :)

So this is a delayed post, but last Friday night Morgan and I went out on the town. :) Morgan had a gift card to the Macaroni Grill, so she took me out to dinner! Isn't she sweet? Then we headed to Jordan's Furniture store for ice cream and a movie.

If you've never been to Jordan's, the place is amazing. It's huge! To your left inside the front doors is a jelly bean store and a restaurant. When you turn to your left, you see gigantic flowers made out of jelly beans, a bridge leading you through the "garden" into the eating area, and a TRAPEZE SCHOOL. That was fun to watch. :) Beyond the bridge is the ice cream place, which is a small building of itself, with a giant jelly bean ice cream sundae on the roof. Even beyond that is a water fountain that has light and water shows every half hour. Its amazing. We bought our ice creams and were amazed just at the size of them!

After our ice creams, we wanted to go see a movie. But to get to the Imax theater you have to walk through all their furniture. We had a little bit of time to spare so I dragged Morgan into the bedroom section to look at the furniture, thinking there would only be two, maybe three rooms. Was I wrong! We walked through the three I expected, then saw another door, then another, and another... We kept going until the only way we knew how to get out was to follow the exit signs that were leading us through the labyrinth. When we finally emerged we had made a huge circle and were almost late for our movie.


My favorite part of Jordan's? The temperpedic seats in the theater.
My next favorite? The huge green monster eating a Yankee's player. Yep. And I even got a picture with him.

Comments

Victoria said…
Jordanssss!!! ah, memories <3

Popular Posts