Birthday Week - Part 2

Continuing my birthday records...

Monday night was the physics dinner! I was in charge of getting dinner ready, so I cut up some vegetables in the morning and had Ruben and Matt help me cook up a bunch of ground beef in the afternoon and we had tacos! It was so delicious! Nathan was the supervisor. ;) At the dinner, Sally brought in a sheet cake for dessert (her favorite flavors of course, tehe). She had had the store write "Happy Birthday Physics Momma!" on it! I was so happy. I love my friends and I love my physicists. That's right, "my" physicists. :)








I continued to be spoiled this week on my actual birthday morning. I woke up to a room full of balloons. The entire floor was covered and piled 2 to 3 balloons deep. It was like wading through a children's ball pit! Apparently on Monday night, while Ruben and Nathan kept me company in the lab, all my other friends gathered together in the dorm next to mine and blew up 280 balloons. But they didn't just blow them up, they also wrote messages on almost every one!

I had sweet messages from my parents and nephews (awwww), and then a super sweet novel from Karen, and then some super silly ones. I absolutely loved it! It was so sweet of Sally to plan it all and to get everyone together to actually do it. I feel so loved. :D










The balloons were a bit distracting, but I finally noticed a present on the sink. I opened it up, and there was a special edition of The Secret Garden (book) from Sally! I had mentioned to her that Gramma used to read it to me growing up, but that after Gramma had her stroke she was unable to anymore. This was one of the sweetest presents. Sally is a wonderful roommate and super good friend. I love her.

Later, in math seminar, Caitlin brought cupcakes! She made chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting with sprinkles. They were so yummy!!! :) Brito also brought coffee, but he didn't bring it because it was my birthday, he brought it just because.

Around 10 that night I got birthday dessert with Angelle. Jimmy showed up too! So we had dessert and coffee and took silly pictures and did homework. I love those two. :)











Comments

Popular Posts