Day 09 – My beliefs, in great detail

Okay.. So this post will not be very good. This one is hard. It's not that I don't know what I believe, but rather that it is hard for me personally to write a blog post explaining exactly what I believe in a succinct manner. I don't like writing super-duper long blogs. It is just not me. And while this doesn't have to be long, it's still complicated. And "My beliefs, in great detail"? Kind of broad, don't you think? I believe in lots of things. But here it is anyway:

I am a Christian. This is most likely what the writer of these questions was intending for me to write about. So I shall. As I said, I am a Christian. I am protestant and brought up in the Advent Christian denomination. Now before you start thinking I don't eat shell fish, this is not the same as a Seventh Day Adventist. Their names sound a lot alike, but their beliefs sometimes vary.

As a Christian, I believe that Jesus was both man and God. That he came to the Earth to save us from our sins. I believe it was necessary for him to do this because we are all sinners and cannot be with God as is. Because God loved us and did not want us to be eternally separated from him, he sent his son, Jesus, to die on the cross. He took our punishment upon himself so that we could be with God. But I also believe that we must accept Jesus' sacrifice in order to be saved. We must accept him as our Savior and also as our Lord. Then when Jesus comes back at his second coming, we will be able to be with God in Heaven for all eternity.

There is so much more to it than just that. It's so much easier to explain in a conversation than through a blog. I've been avoiding this blog because it is really difficult for me to express myself through writing. I don't want to write something and then have it be totally different than what I really meant to say. But I decided to try it today. Hopefully it is not awful and I didn't write anything that is not true simply because I am not a strong communicator. I tend to fall into the "doing not saying" category most of the time. I know that it is important to talk to people sometimes, and I do. But I also know the importance of how I act with people and how I treat people. I love people, and I love to be able to do things for people to show not only my own love for them, but also God's love.

One last thing. I am not, at any point, someone who tries to push my beliefs on someone else. Nor do I think that that is okay. While I, of course, believe wholeheartedly in Jesus Christ as my Savior and wish that everyone I knew would also do so, I know that pushing it on people is not the right way to go about sharing my faith. Some people are just not going to want to hear it. Who am I to be a constant nagging presence in their life? I can't make anyone agree with me. And I don't want to force anyone. I love to have conversations, and I would love to talk to anyone about my beliefs. But I won't try to force you to be like me. I will be upfront about what I believe, but I also know that we may disagree. I don't have to agree with you to be your friend. I hope that I have never made anyone feel unloved or unwanted because of a disagreement. That has never been and will never be my intention.

Comments

Popular Posts