Summer Time At Home

Well I'm home from my REU! I have to say it is really nice to be home, sleep in my own bed, and see my family every day. I love that I live with Michelle and Joel and get to see them and their two children every day.

Noah is as precious as ever. He just turned two and is learning so fast! He's talking quite a bit and loves to show me his toys and to play with "is-AWHH" as he pronounces my name. I got to babysit him yesterday and we went to the park and out shopping. He had so much fun going down the slides and on the swings. When we got back we were both pretty tired so I pretended to sleep on the couch. Every time I'd close my eyes I'd hear, "is-AWHH!" I'd "wake up" with a start and Noah would giggle and say "Again?" So I'd close my eyes and start it over.

Isaac is beautiful! He has so much dark brown hair. He looks just like my mom. I love holding him (when he's not crying especially) and he's just absolutely precious! Hopefully I'll have some pictures soon!

While I love being home, I do miss the people at my REU. My adviser and his wife and my partner were really awesome. I had so much fun with them. We would get together and play video games, eat dinner, go to the Mall of America, go to an arcade that had mini-golf, mini-bowling and other games, and go various other places. It was always fun and we really got to know each other and like each other, I dare say. And I had fun with the guys in the REU, too. It's weird to be home where I can't get anywhere on foot and where the nearest restaurants are at least a ten minute drive away. And its weird to have made such good friends only to have to leave them. It's sad. Luckily I'll see them in January in San Diego. I just wish Cherise could come too... :(

But overall, I am very thankful for the experience this summer. I met wonderful people and had a great time.

Comments

Popular Posts